Description text for Attachments in QListForm

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

Hi Jeff,

Not sure if I got well your first questions (associate a description…). Would you mind to be more specific (a screenhot would help).

This is what I understood, you want  a description field for each attachemnt you add to the item. If tha's the case the answer is no but you can

use a field of the item to capture the description for each attachment.

For the second part, yes you can, open ezEdit, go to Form Layout and then select TabLayout, then define at least 2 tabs there.

Then go to the Displayed fields section and place the field Attachments to the tab you want.

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

I was not looking to do the first part of your response, sorry for the confusion.

Missed the Assignment column in the list.   Interesting that you do not need to have the Attachments column selected to have the Attachments block showup on the form.

Jeff

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

If the Attachment column has been removed from the list, is there a way

to get it back? I looked in the list of available site columns and it

is not there. Apparently, the folks that come up with the content type

associated with the list excluded the Attachment field from the list.

We can still check the button and save attachments on the form, we just

do not see the attachment column in the list.

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

Is there a way to associated a description (help text) with the Attachments section of the form.  The attachment section is only enabled through the use of a simple checkbox on the bottom of the Display tab and is not included on the list of fields.

Also, is there any way to move the Attachments from the first displayed tab to a different one?

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

Hi Jeff,

Try  to go to the list settings and check the All Items view. If the attachment field is there be sure that is checked so it shows up.

I don't think that the field Attachmnets can be delete that easy.

Viewing 4 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.