Details provided upon click action. How to configure with Qlistview?

Details provided upon click action. How to configure with Qlistview?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

Hi Richard,

The property to use is LinkToTargetURL and TargetURL.

TargetURL is a property found under the Viewed Lists property (where you set the lists to view) hitting Edit next the list name.

Target URL format would be http://…pageA.aspx?ID=<%ID%> . Each list has to have its own page to view the full announcement.

LinkToTargetURL is a property found under the Display Fields property (where you set the fields to view) hitting Edit next the field name. Just checked that property.

If you have any questions please let me know.

This is what the doc says:

Link To Target

If set to true, indicates the listview makes the field value a hyperlink to the URL specified in the <Link>TargetUrl attribute in the <Link>Viewed Lists property.

Use this element when you aggregate lists with different name. In that case, you specify a different TargetUrl for each list in the Viewed Lists property and the listview redirects the user to the correct URL depending on the list where the clicked item comes from.

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

Hi k

i have a qlistview in a page that contains an announcement list and i want to press a tittle so i can see its body, the body of each item is different of course. i have followed the instructions you posted but i can't manage to do it dynamically, each time i press a tittle it shows all the time the same body whatever tittle i press.

because the announcement list will be in site B, and the view of the announcement list will be in siteA. so…

any sugestions¿?

thanks !!

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

Please use the ID=<%ID%>string from the LinkTo value as is, don't replace the <%ID%> with a value, the web part is going to do that for you dynamically.

Just customize the http://……aspx part of the below link.

Please check the docs for more details.

http://…pageA.aspx?ID=<%ID%> .

If you get an error saying "The list item doesn't exist' then use LID instead of ID and change the ListForm ID property to LID. In the docs we talks about all these.

If you still have question let me know please.

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

Hi

Thanks for replying.

i have donde what you said and i still have an issue (i don't know what i'm missing).

if i put at TargetURL the direct URL of a body of a given item for example with ID=21, it works but only shows the body of ID 21 in all the items.

so applying what you told the ID=<%ID%>  or with LID and also i tried instead of  "<" ">" with "&lt"  "&gt" but nothing happens i get always the same error:

The following error occurs: '<', hexadecimal value 0x3C, is an invalid attribute character. Line 2, position 242.

sorry about bothering you but… i don't know how to solve this issue. maybe i'm missing something of a configuration options, but if for a given body item like ID=21 works why with ID=<%ID%> and using your replyes as a guide it doesn't work??

anyway thanks very much

Ricard S.

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

Hi Richard,

You need to use the ezEdit to input the LinkTo fiel value.

Also, this is how you should enter it;

http://YourServerHere/YourPageHere.aspx?ID=<%ID%>

The string <%ID%> will be replaced at runtime by the actual ID value of the item. Don't hardcode anything.

Also, please check the documentation for more details.\

If you want to see an application sample please use one of the templates that we distribute with our product. I'd recommend you to use CRM template since it has a similar scenario.

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

(Posting on behalf of another)

Hello, I am aggregating several announcement lists from several site collections and just displaying the title. I would like to provide the user with the details of the announcement when they click on the title. Looking for some help on how to accomplish this. Using the qlistview web part.

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

Hi k

Thanks once again. now it works, it was my fault i'm a bit stubborn and i instead of copying the url till:

http://YourServerHere/YourPageHere.aspx?ID=<%ID%>

i copied all the URL of a body of an item and that was the problem, because changing a given ID to <%ID%> was giving problems

i guess this issue is more than solved

Thanks again

Ricard S

Viewing 6 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.