Different colors for two calendars in the same view

Different colors for two calendars in the same view

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

This depends which QWP version and SharePoint version the user is on.

In SP20010 starting from QWP 5.4.1, events belonging to the same calendar are automatically colored the same. Adding a new calendar will have its events shown in a new color not yet used by the calendars already added to qCalendarView. You can define your own color appearances (if you don't like the default colors) under Legend Appearance in ezEdit.

If you don't have this feature available, then you can define a new column in a calendar list that stores the name of the calendar, and configure Color Appearances based on the value of this column.

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

I don't see anything wrong in the way you have configured color appearance of the calendar view web part.

Which version of QWP are you running?

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

I guess it's sharepoint 5.1. Maybe it's the bug in this version?

Do you know how I can upgrade it ?

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

5.1 is a much older version and lots of issues have been resolved since then so this could have been a bug back then.

The basic steps to perform an upgrade if you were upgrading to v5.6: uninstall 5.1, clear your browser cache, install version 5.6 on any of the web-front end servers, upload a valid QWP license file using "Manage Web Parts License" feature in SP Central Admin, and launch Configuration Editor tool to fix any errors in the web.config file.

You can find details of upgrade instructions as well as list of resolved issues in our Release Notes if you google 'Quest Web Parts for SharePoint 5.6 Release Notes'.

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

Hello there,

Can you please assist with the following question?

“Right now I can add two calendars in one view. But I want them showing in different colors. (I mean one calendar has its own color…then I can identify this event comes from which calendar). Is there a way to make this happen”?

Kindly,

RS

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

I have some questions about the upgrade.

When I uninstall 5.1 and install 5.6, is there any impact for the old items we created by using quest software before?

I saw the system requirement is sharepoint 2010. But we are still using Sharepoint 2007. Where can I find the right version for MOSS 2007? Thanks

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

I tried to make different colorsitems in a Quest Calendar View in SP 2007. I added a column called speaker.When the field value is outside, the fontcolor should be blue. But the fontcolor stays black no matter how I change the setting. See the details on those pictures. Can you tell me what I missed or did wrong? Thanks.1.PNG4.PNG2.PNG

Viewing 6 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.