Discussion View has large blank space under toolbar

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 13 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

Hi

Do you use qDiscussionView shared (free version) or the commercial version?

Thanks,

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

Hi .  We're using the free version.

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

Please ensure that you performed all changes required in web.config. If you can select/post/edit/delete using the web part then all changes are in place.

If the issue persists, please let me know and we'll try to get online on a shared session to try to figure out a solution.

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

Hi ,

We have made all the required changes in the web.config.  I can select, post, edit, and delete discussions using the new web part.  Functionality seems to be fine. 

Thanks,

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

Hi – just to clarify – the webpart is functioning, but we are still seeing the big blank space in IE8 and IE9.  Thanks,

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

Hi

I installed the version 5.4.1 and the wp looks good using IE8 and IE9.

Please check the About dialog and confirm the version you got.

Also please check that the following assemblies from your GAC match the versions from the below screenshot.

Do you have any other DevExpress components installed in your env.?

1.png

Thanks,

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

Hi ,

System admin has checked the assemblies in your screenshot: they match exactly, with no other DevExpress components installed. 

The 'about' screen on the webpart looks like the attached… no version number, but it is a later date than the version 5.2 we have in our production environment.

We've also compared the web.config files, and there is one difference – your notes specify an older version of the ScriptResource.axd that we have:

Ours:

<add verb="GET,HEAD" path="ScriptResource.axd"

type="System.Web.Handlers.ScriptResourceHandler, System.Web.Extensions,

Version=3.5.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31BF3856AD364E35"

validate="false" />

From your notes

> <add verb="GET,HEAD" path="ScriptResource.axd"

>    type="System.Web.Handlers.ScriptResourceHandler,

>    System.Web.Extensions, Version=1.0.61025.0, Culture=neutral,

>    PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35" validate="false" />'

>

Could it just be older documentation that you're referencing? I'm sure we're using the same more recent version in our production version, and it works with your previous version of the discussion webpart.

Please let me know if the version screenshot attached tells you anything.

Regards,

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

Was this ever resolved?  I have the same issue. 

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

We have installed the current Discussion Board in our dev environment MOSS 2007, downloaded Oct 31 2011.  We are seeing a gap between the toolbar and the list of discussion in IE8 and IE9.  In IE7 or IE9 compatibility view, it looks fine, and it looks fine in Firefox 7.  Please see the attached screen shot.  I’d rather not have to force IE users to use compatibility view… any ideas?

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

Hi Darin,

No, I never did get an answer after my December 19th post, and we ended up abandoning it.  I will pester them again.

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

Hi ,

We're still having this problem with the space under the toolbar, though the webpart is functioning properly.  In my Dec 19 reply I uploaded a screenshot of the "about" dialog.  Remember we're on SP 2007.  There is no version number noted on the about screen, so I'm wondering if your 5.4 version you tested is not the same as we have.  Does the screenshot tell you anything?

Thanks,

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

Hi

QWP version number is missing from that screen and that makes me think that something went wrong during the installation however the build number confirms that you are on 5.4 version.

What happens when you view the web part using other browser than IE8 or IE9? Do you have the compatibility set for IE8 or IE9?

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

This happens for me in IE6-8,  Firefox 7-9,  and Chrome.  I set the  div#RAD_SPLITTER_PANE, td#RAD_SPLITTER_PANE, and table#RAD_SPLITTER heights to auto (using Firefox element inspector) and the blank space went away.  For some reason,  these CSS settings are set to a number of pixels instead of auto and it is causing white space.  I tried placing the webpart in different sized zones but it did not make a difference. 

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

Hi ,

In IE9 compatibility view, it looks and behaves fine.  IE7 browser mode is fine as well.  IE8 and IE9 produce the space under the toolbar (see screenshot)

FireFox 10.0.02 has no gap under the toolbar, but does show a gap in the tree when reply is expanded (see screenshot).  I see the same in Chrome 17.0.963.79 m.

Discussion Viewer Screenshots.jpg

Viewing 13 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.