Viewing 19 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

Hi

n

n

In order to have the web part working you need to perform manually some changes to your web.config file. Please refer to the documentation of the web part (see all the details here http://en.community.dell.com/techcenter/sharepoint-for-all/w/wiki/5537.qdiscussionview-freeware-web-part-for-sharepoint-2010).

n

Please let me know how it goes.

n

n

Thanks,

n

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

The blank space is still there.  I've also tried to make several changes in ezEdit that aren't taking.  Examples include skin changes not taking and I've checked that Delete should show on the Toolbar, but it does not.

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

Did you change the web.config file following the steps provided in the documentation?

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

Yes, we have made all of the configuration changes exactly as per their documentation, i.e. the changes requested at the bottom of the email. The only thing that looks a bit odd is in the webconfig in the same section requested by step #4, there are 2 entries for name = “Session”, the first is a remove command (which must have been there before) that looks like this <remove name="Session" /> and then their entry at the bottom of the section that appears like <add name="Session" type="System.Web.SessionState.SessionStateModule" />

1.    Under the node, '<configuration><SharePoint><SafeControls>', the following entry should exist.

'<SafeControl Namespace="WA.WebPart" Assembly="WA.WebPart, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=2b4b09f1c57c8f0b" TypeName="*" Safe="True" />'

If this entry is not there, please go to the SharePoint administration page and redeploy the Quest Shared Web Parts Solution Package.

2.    Under the node, '<configuration><system.web><httpHandlers>', check if the following entry exists. If not, please add.

'<add verb="*" path="Telerik.Web.UI.WebResource.axd" type="Telerik.Web.UI.WebResource, Telerik.Web.UI" validate="false" />
      <add verb="GET,HEAD" path="ScriptResource.axd" type="System.Web.Handlers.ScriptResourceHandler, System.Web.Extensions, Version=1.0.61025.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35" validate="false" />'

3.    Under the node, '<configuration><system.web><httpModules>' for SharePoint 2007 or '<configuration><system.webServer><modules>' for SharePoint 2010, check if the following entry exists. If not, please add.

'<add name="ASPxHttpHandlerModule" type="DevExpress.Web.ASPxClasses.ASPxHttpHandlerModule, DevExpress.Web.v9.3, Version=9.3.3.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b88d1754d700e49a" />'

4.    In order for the Shared Web Parts to be fully functional you need to enable the session. To do so, please add the following entry under the node, '<configuration><system.web><httpModuels>', for SharePoint 2007 or, '<configuration><system.webServer><modules>', for SharePoint 2010:

'<add name="Session" type="System.Web.SessionState.SessionStateModule" />'

and under the node, '<configuration><system.web><pages>', change the attribute 'enableSessionState' to true.

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

Hi

Do you see any js error on the page?

Can you please take a look to the SharePoint log file  (you can use this tool from Microsoft http://archive.msdn.microsoft.com/ULSViewer) and try to spot any error/warning?

A screenshot would help too.

Thanks,

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

Another example, under ezEdit, Toolbar Appearance, “Show Delete Button” is checked, yet is doesn’t show on the Toolbar.

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

No errors on page.  If you switch to Page view and then back to Browse, it goes away, but comes back every time you hit the page.  I have the log, but am not seeing where to attach a file here.

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

No errors on page. If you switch to Page view and then back to Browse, it goes away, but comes back every time you hit the page. Attached is log.

Thanks.

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

I checked the attached file and I could not find any error/warning or something related to qDiscussionView.

Please try to change the "Skin Name" property under View Appearance to a different value (ie use Glass or you can find more skins under 14 hive folder

"..14\TEMPLATE\LAYOUTS\QuestSoftware\DevExpress\9.3\Themes").

See attached.qDiscussionView.png

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

Will do, though of greater concern right now is that space at the top of the page. Copying my developer in on the discussion as well. We are upgrading to 2010 in production on March 3rd and really want this web part to be part of the rollout.

Thanks,

Scott

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

Since the issue you experience are most likely related to the environment I'd suggest you to try the same in a different SharePoint environment.

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

My developer got the same problem installing it on his local machine.

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

If we close the web part, the page works fine. Here is a screen shot of the problem:

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

Does anyone have any other ideas?  This is going to crush my roll out.  We have tried the webpart in 3 different environments and cannot get rid of the space.

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

We were able to fix the problem with the web part, ironically by stumbling across a link on this site- http://en.community.dell.com/techcenter/sharepoint-for-all/f/4782/t/19555465. It was the ribbon in the web part causing the problem, not our environment.

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

We have the web part installed and partially functioning.  While we can add/configure it on our site, there are two issues;

1. The first item in the list is highlighted and displayed in the preview pane, however, it will not let you highlight another entry.  It is stuck on that first item.

2.  The site that we added the web part to now has a large empty space at the top of the page, between Site Actions, etc. and the site Title.

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

Hi

I'm so glad to hear that your problem is fixed.

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

I am a site collection administrator only, is there a way to install qDiscussion into my site without having to deploy it as a SP Adminstrator?

I tried uploading and activating the .WSP file in Solution Gallery, but receive the following error:

An unexpected error has occurred.

Troubleshoot issues with Microsoft SharePoint Foundation.

Correlation ID: 5b83c6ef-6330-420c-a480-359dadf3483d

Date and Time: 11/12/2013 23:58:00

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

Ah! Thought so, unfortunately I don't have Administrator rights to the farm as it's operated overseas. Oh well… back to the basic Discussion Forum option. Thanks for the reply.

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

Hi ,

You have to be SP Farm Administrator in order to deploy and use this web part since this is not a sandbox solution.

Open the ULS file and check the error message for more details.

Viewing 19 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.