display images from the Image library in a QuickApps QList column based on a value in a list column

display images from the Image library in a QuickApps QList column based on a value in a list column

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

Posting on behalf of a customer.  Sharing thread with them as well.

Thank you.

I am working on QuickApps for SharePoint 2013

My objective is to display images from the Image library in a QuickApps QList column based on a value in a list column.

I checked out the following post http://en.community.dell.com/techcenter/sharepoint-for-all/m/videos/20439182

I created a javascript funtion to display the image depending on the list value and then created a custom field in the qList and add the calculated value to call the function to display the image.

I do not see the image when I expand the tree.  Since I have parent-child lists

If I disable AJAX only then I can view the images

1. Is it possible to display images without creating java scripts ?
      2. If java script is the only solution then can we get the images displayed wihtout disabling AJAX ?
      Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

Hi Richard,

Because of the Ajax postback that happens when you expand the tree when Ajax is enabled the js script code doesn't get executed and therefore you don't see the images.

To respond to your questions:

1. I'm not aware of any other way of doing it without js code.

2. Not sure if this can be done without disabling Ajax.

I'd happy to hear other solutions from our customers.

Viewing 1 reply thread

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.