Downloading an attachment in qListView

Downloading an attachment in qListView

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

Also, I would like to know if there is a way to show the name of the attachments directly into the qListView, instead of the icon. Thanks.

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

Hi

n

n

Sorry, I assume that you are configuring a list to qListView, instead of the document list. if yes, qListView cannot support this feature, if you select the Attachment filed into Display Field setting, that field will be render as an icon. I suggest that you can add the Edit field into the Display Field setting, then user can click this icon to navigate to the edit page, and he can download the attachment in this page. And also, the attachment cannot display the file name currently.

n

n

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

Hi everybody. I’ve got a qListView component with a list (Departments) and a child list (Employees). Everything works fine, but now I’ve got to download an attachment contained in the Employee item. Is there a way to click and download an attachment directly from the qListView component?

n

Thanks.

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

Obviously the one to many relationship will not make this possible in the List View,  The only way is to add a web part above it with a List Form and just have the attachments in it.  This is not too ugly.

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.