Error configuring qdiscussion view webpart

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

Hi Kunal,

Please ensure that before you drop te web part your page is checked out and after that you check in the page.

If the issue persists, create a web part page and try again.

During this process please bring up the Developer Tool (on IE hit F12 key), go to the tab Console and monitor for any js error.

Please let me know how it goes.

PS

I assume that you downloaded the shared version of qDiscussionView web part.

Ii you have the commercial version of the products then you got the qDiscussionView in that.

Also the shared (free) version is not compatible running on the same server with the commercial version.

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

Hi ,

n

n

I tried whatever you suggested, still it doesn't work. There are no js errors on the page.

n

n

I downloaded and installed 'Quest qDiscussionView Web Part for SharePoint 2010 – Build 2011.10.07_Installer.zip' from  http://en.community.dell.com/techcenter/sharepoint-for-all/w/wiki/5537.qdiscussionview-freeware-web-part-for-sharepoint-2010

n

n

I just select the defualt 'Team Discussion' on View Lists and keep rest of the options default on ezedit. When I hit 'Ok' it gives me error. When I try to check-in the page, it throws 'Unexpected Error'.

n

n

Please help me. I need to make this web part work for me.

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

Hi Kunal,

There are some manual steps that you need to perform to have the web part working properly (see the ReleaseNotes document on the link you set me).Please ensure that you followed them.

Then if the error still persists, use ULS log and see what causes the error and let me know the error.

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

Hi ,

I have followed all the steps from release note nd updated my web.config. Still no good.

Here is the error from ULS logs

Application error when access /sites/sapbeta/SitePages/Home.aspx, Error=Failed to load viewstate. The control tree into which viewstate is being loaded must match the control tree that was used to save viewstate during the previous request. For example, when adding controls dynamically, the controls added during a post-back must match the type and position of the controls added during the initial request.

at System.Web.UI.Control.LoadViewStateRecursive(Object savedState)

at System.Web.UI.Control.LoadChildViewStateByIndex(ArrayList childState)

at System.Web.UI.Control.LoadViewStateRecursive(Object savedState)

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

HI,

I could deploy the qdiscussion view web part (Build 2011.10.07) successfully onto SharePoint 2010 (Standard ). However after selecting a single discussion board while configuring it says, “The page took long to save…”, gives me an option to ‘Leave Page’ or ‘Stay on the page’ and nothing happens thereafter. What wrong have I done. Can you please send me the detailed steps on how to configure the webpart?

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

Hi Kunal,

Based on the above error I'd suggest you to look into the following line in the web.config file

Under the node, '<configuration><system.web><httpModules>' for SharePoint 2007 or '<configuration><system.webServer><modules>' for SharePoint 2010, check if the following entry exists. If not, please add.

'<add name="ASPxHttpHandlerModule" type="DevExpress.Web.ASPxClasses.ASPxHttpHandlerModule, DevExpress.Web.v9.3, Version=9.3.3.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b88d1754d700e49a" />'

Also, go to the GAC and ensure that there is an entry there for DevExpress and it matches the above version.

Also, can you try this on a different SP env?

Create a new web/site (using the blank site template) and se how it goes.

Viewing 5 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.