• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

Hi Karin,

From the error message

"Failed to render "Wiki Content" column because of an error in the "Multiple lines of text" field type control" I suspect that the multiline field has some special characters (double quotes, ampersands, etc).

Please create a test list with the same structure as the list you want to expose and add some "clean" test records  (no special haracters) and try it again.

Please let me know how it goes.

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

Hi ,

Thank you for your prompt reply.

The list for which I am getting the error message is a test list I have created, only containing a couple of columns and values. The weird thing is that there is no multiline type column in the test list I am using (only single line of text) and also no special characters in the text.  

I have also tried to clear any other special characters from the page.

Any other ideas?

Thank you,

Best Regards,

Karin

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

Hi Karin,

What was the site template you used when you created the site?

Did you try the same scenario in a differnet env?

Would you mind to attach the list tempate so I can give it a try? also please mention QWP, SharePoint and OS version.

Thanks,

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

Hi ,

The answer was kindof in the above question "What was the site template used when creating the site" as the issue had to do with the page template used.

I found that when adding the qExcelViewer web part to a web part page, rather than a normal team site page (accepting wiki syntax), it worked without any problems and without the error message.

Thank you for helping out.

Best Regards,

Karin

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

Hi,

I have configured the qExcelViewer to link to a qListView, but get the following error message when viewing the list in Excel. <span class=”ms-formvalidation”>Failed to render &quot;Wiki Content&quot; column because of an error in the &quot;Multiple lines of text&quot; field type control. See details in log. Exception message: Thread was being aborted.. </span>

I have done the following configurations to my qExcelViewer:

– Added the same Session Name as for the qListView (I named the session “Session1” does it need to be more scientific than that, or is any random text ok?

– Added the Fields to be displayed

I have done the following configurations to my qListView:

– Connected to list “Companies”

– Set Session name as “Session1”

– Added the URL to the page on which the qExcelViewer resides.

Would be very grateful for any assistance on why I am receiving this error message and what I can do to resolve it?

Best Regards,

Karin

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

I'm glad that we found the issue and it works now.

Viewing 5 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.