Export to Excell a Cross Referenced list

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

Hello,

To export data in qListView to an Excel document, please enable the Show Export Button property under Toolbar Appearances to enable the item in the toolbar of qListView.

showExportButton.png

Now you can select Export from the Action menu, which will open a panel that lets you configure your Export options.

showExportButton2.png

Please try these steps for exporting a basic qListView. If it does not work properly, please provide some details of how the web part and cross-referenced list are set up, so that we can provide further assistance.

Thanks,

Yuan

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

Hi Yuan,

I recently developed an Events Tracking system using QWP 5.6 in SharePoint 2010.  Our users wants to be able to export only filtered data to Excel.  I enabled both the Filter & Export functions, but it only export the entire dataset.  Is there a way to export only filtered data?

Please advise.  Your feedback is greatly appreciated.

Sincerely,

Schulte Roth & Zabel LLP

(212) 610-7061

laurinda.chi@srz.com

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

Hi ,

For qListView to remember the filter criteria, you need to set the "Session Name" property under Edit Display Fields in qListView's ezEdit dialog.

In addition to the Export tool under Actions menu, you can also consider an alternative method using our qExcelViewer web part to handle exporting data to Excel. You just need to provide the url to the page containing ExcelViewer in "Excel Viewer Url" property and configure ExcelViewer with the same Session Name you gave to qListView. You will then see a new button enabled in the toolbar which when clicked will export the filtered data to Excel, without loosing the current context.

Based on my testing in SP2010, both methods will let you export only the data returned by the filter.

qExcelViewer.png

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

I have a cross referenced list that displays fine in a QListView, but I want to export this to an excell document. Can someone point me to instructions on how to accomplish this?

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

Yuan,

Thank you!  The excel viewer webpart works great.  Really appreciate your quick reply.

Sincerely,

Viewing 4 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.