File Attachments

File Attachments

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

Well it looks like I might need to do this with a qListForm, as it's got the Attachment capabilities.  Are these examples of how I can pass a session variable to the qListForm that would allow it to create the documents with the correct names, or perhaps a folder to store the documents into?

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

Hi Nate,

The session can be passed to the fields on the form using ezEdit (ie. set the value of a field on the form from a session).

For advanced usage of the session (ie. customize file names, folder, etc) you may want to look into Custom Actions.

Please check our docs for more details regarding this subject.

The idea is to store the data into a session variable and write a custom action that would get that data and process accordingly to your goal.

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

Hello,

I am building out an Internal Expense Report form using qSIListForm.  Is there a method by which the user can either attach a document to the qSIListForm, or I could create a sub-directory in a Document Library the user can upload the Docs to?

Not having it actually in the ListForm is preferred.

Thanks,

Nate

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

Just to close this out, I didn't have to create new Custom Actions for this.  I used the HTTP Parameter I was passing to the page (to edit the record in SQL), and I used that parameter to write to a column/field in the Document library.  The in the qListView I filtered on the HTTP Parameter.  So all future projects will filter to just their own documents, as the ProjectID (the parameter I am using) will stay consistent.

Thanks , your answer pointed me in the right direction!

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.