<%FilePath%> – what others are there for QListView

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

Hello,

Let's suppose that the link to your your doc lib is the following: http://mysite/docs

This is how you can accomplish your scenario:

– Go to ezEdit->Display Fields->Add Field. This will create a custom field called <Custom1> (use the property Title to display a friendly name).

– In the Calculated Value add the following code:

<div id="link<%ID%>"></div>

<script language="javascript">

var lnk2="http://mysite/docs/Forms/AllItems.aspx?RootFolder=" + encodeURIComponent('<%Folder%>') ;

document.getElementById("link<%ID%>").innerHTML = "<a href=" + lnk2 + ">Click Me</a>";

</script>

This will create a custom column and the values displayed are "Click Me" as hyperlinks that would open the folder of the selected doc library item.

Please check the User Guide for more details related the custom fields, Calculated value property, etc.

If you have any questions/concerns please let me know.

Note:

1. If you display a large doc lib and you have pages then you need to turn off Ajax in order to have this working.

2. You can debug the above code in the browser or you can use alert to display teh values in case that you have issues.

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

Happy New Year to you and to the community!

Please open up the User Guide and search for "Link to Source" within qListView topic.

You'll find there a some options that will make you life easier (link to source, target, link to, open link in, etc).

Please let me know how it goes.

Thanks,

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

Hi happy new year back

Already looked at those and none hits the mark or confuses the hell out of me!

Here’s the situation.

Client has list of documents and from a custom column called say “Document Location” wants to go to the folder TARGET not the document, which can easily be done using <%FilePath%>

I have seen the options in the manual, link to etc – how are they going to help in this regard?

Cheers

G

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

Hi Folks,

Probably a silly question but hunting through the manual can’t find any references to this.

We already use %FilePath% for linking to documents, but what others are there that can be used. For example, is there a reference to link to the target location of the document, say like %DirPath% ? And what other built in references can be used?

Many thanks in advance for any suggestions?

Cheers

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

Hi there,

It appears that this question went inactive after our follow-up conversation. I'm going to mark the most appropriate reply as the answer to this question. 

If you still need help, just reply to the forum thread with your findings or question and we will take another look. 

Thanks!

Ryan McKinney

DSG Communities Team

Viewing 4 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.