FIltering multiple lists based on previous list selection

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

Hi John,

There is no native mechanism in the qListView to send a specific row to another ListView. You can however (as you mentioned) send a particular value from the qSelector and filter a ListView that way.  As for any advanced JavaScript options I will see if anyone else on our team or the community can provide additional options.

Setp 1:  Use ezEdit to set the connection to "send row to" one of the listViews on the page.

qSelector.jpg

Setp 2:  Select the field you want to map it to in the target listView.  This is what the target listview is filtered on.

QSelectorSetup.jpg

Step 3:  Use the qSelector to select a value to filter the ListView on. 

qSelectorResult.jpg

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

Hello everyone, I’m having trouble with figuring out the “best” way to accomplish what filtering I have.

I have 4 ListView web-parts on my page.

• List 1 (has a lookup column to List 2)
      • List 2 (has a lookup column to List 1 and List 3)
      • List 3 (has a lookup column to List 2)
      • List 4 (has a lookup column to List 2)

Additionally, List 2 is filtered based off of a query string in the url.

What I’d like to happen is as follows:

List 1 has all content displayed, List 2/3/4 has none.

User clicks on a row in List 1 and List 2 populates based on the query string and what items are linked to List 1.  List 4 would also populate.

User clicks on a row in List 2 and List 3 populates.

All the relationships are N -> N aside from the List 2 -> List 4 which is a 1 -> 1 relationship.

I’ve tried different things such as a multiselector however that seems to be drop-down only.

Other options I’ve considered are using jscript to populate the URL based on selections and reloading the page (although I’m not sure how I can inject the script per row right now).

My experience in this is limited, I’ve only been working with SharePoint for a few months and Quest Webparts for a few weeks.

Any tips/pointers would be appreciated.

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

Thanks for the response.  My issue is that manual selection of what is shown shouldn't occur, it all needs to happen magically.

Based on your comments and a few other things I've read, I started looking at it from the perspective of why display separate lists when I could join the related lists together into one view?

As a result I've started looking at something from http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ff798514.aspx where you have an intermediatary list which links the values from list 1 to list 2.  Now I'm struggling with a way to have this list displayed or data entered into it.

Viewing 2 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.