Grouping a column causes the next column defined to widen

Grouping a column causes the next column defined to widen

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

Can I get an ETA on when this will be fixed, and /or if anyone is lookign at this: issue?

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant
      Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

Here is my new definition with all widths supplied
      <Fields>
      <Field Name="Status" Title="Status" Grouped="true" GroupExpanded="true" GroupSortDirection="asc" Width="1" Align="left" />
      <Field Name="Source" Grouped="true" GroupExpanded="true" GroupSortDirection="asc" Width="1" Align="left" Title="Source" />
      <Field Name="Replies" Title="Rply" Align="left" Width="1" />
      <Field Name="Attachments" Align="left" Title="Att" Width="1" />
      <Field Name="Last Updated" Title="Updated" Width="120" Align="left" />
      <Field Name="Modified By" Title="By" Width="160" Align="left" />
      <Field Name="Subject" />
      </Fields>
      Here is a screenshot of thecolum def dialog and eh resulting screen behind. Still the same issue, I noticed you are using percent in your example. I am using pixels. As you can see the Reply column is still too wide for the specified width. I now have TWO grouped columns before it.

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

When you group a column the next column does not honor the defined field width. Screen shot and display the XML folows See Attached

<Fields> <Field Name=”Client” Grouped=”true” GroupExpanded=”true” GroupSortDirection=”asc” Width=”1″ Align=”left” Title=”Client” /> <Field Name=”Replies” Title=”Rply” Align=”left” Width=”1″ /> <Field Name=”Attachments” Align=”left” Title=”Att” Width=”1″ /> <Field Name=”Last Updated” Title=”Updated” Width=”120″ Align=”left” /> <Field Name=”Modified By” Title=”By” Width=”160″ Align=”left” /> <Field Name=”Subject” /> </Fields>

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

I do notice that unit is not included in the Width property and that was your problem before. Below is the Display Fields property after the configuration:
      <Fields>
      <Field Name="Subject" />
      <Field Name="Created" Grouped="true" GroupExpanded="true" GroupSortDirection="asc" Width=" 10%" />
      <Field Name="Categories" Width=" 50%" GroupExpanded="false" />
      <Field Name="Modified" Width=" 100px" />
      </Fields>
      You would either give it "px" or "%" and can not just use a number "1" or "120". The Web Part can not guess whether it is going to be percent or pixels.

Viewing 4 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.