Help files/documentation on configuring?

Help files/documentation on configuring?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

Hi Tony;
      There are a few posts here but basically you have to create a new discussion board then link it to the discussionview. We will be adding a quickstart process in a Q1 release and we will announce the availability of that here.
      DD

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

OK Thanks. I got the basic setup working, just thought it would be nice to learn more about some of the settings and options to adjust the look and feel.
      tony

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

I really appreciate this free webpart and it appears to meet a need I have. And I always hate to ask when the word "free" is involved but is there any documentation or guide on configuration? For example, is there a way to have the preview pane begin immediately following the topic list? My preview pane is off the screen below so users don't even see it until they realize that it exists and move the pane higher on in the web part.

– Michael

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

I felt the same way Michael….however I finally found the help. After you place the web part on a page, click the menu like you are going to Modify Shared Web Part and look down the menu list, there is a Help menu item. That help opens up a Quest help where I found what I was looking for.
      Quest should note where to access help in the install screens or add a readme.txt with the info, IMHO. It is a very nice tool, and very nice that it is free, so I am not complaining – just on the continuous improvement kick. 😉

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

I downloaded and successfulling installed the Quest discussion view web part… where do I find details on configuring the web part?

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

Good points guys and appreciate the feedback! We are working on a new version now and we will make the this a lot more visible!! It wasn't meant to be free and difficult!!
      DD

Viewing 5 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.