Help with main page rendering

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

Hi Richard,

What is the end result that you are trying to achieve? Do you want the left and right columns to take up a specific percentage of the width (e.g. 50/50, 60/40, etc.)

Or do you want the left column to be a fixed width and have the right column take up the remainder of the page?

Is this a web part page, or a wiki page? If it is a web part page, which template did you select when you created the page?

Bill

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

Hi Bill

A thing about 40-60% would be perfect. this main page is of type "Blank Web Part Page with no left navigation"

if you need more info here i am.

Thanks

Ricard S.

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

Hi Richard,

I think I achieved what you were looking for. This is what I did:

1. I created a new page using the "Header, Left Column, Body" template since I do not have access to the template that you used.

2. I opened up my new page in Microsoft SharePoint Designer. I switched to Code View and Advanced Mode so that I could edit the HTML.

3. At the bottom of the page is a table with three cells that forms the main layout for the page. I made several changes to the table:

i) I removed the first <TD> element that is used for the header of the page.

ii) I added a width attribute and set the value to 40% on the <TD> element that is used for the left column.

iii) I changed the width attribute of the <TD> element that is used for the body and set it to 60%.

After making those changes, the web parts that I added to the page behaved as expected. The web parts on the left column took up 40% of the page, and the web parts on the right column took up 60% of the page.

Bill

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

Hi all

I’m having serious issues with my main page. depend the resolution of the client monitor, there is one or another layout. i tried to set a given width at the left web parts (Welcome to…, I want to.., Links) to have a better look & feel but blank spaces appear between the left and center web parts, giving an awful aspect. this is an important issue as the clients will access this page and if there isn’t a nice look  & feel they may not access again the page. so i have posted 2 images of my Home page, one with a resolution of 1440×900(printimage2.jpg) and the other one with 1920×1080(printimage.jpg). i would like for the res 1920×1080 have a similar look and feel than with res 1440×900. I have added to the image some code that it gets larger if i fix the width the left web parts.

So please help me.

Any suggestion?

Ricard S.

Additional Attachments:

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

Hi Bill

Thanks a lot for your time bothering to help me. but i forgot to state that my organization doesn't allow to use SPD. that's why i think i'm a bit limited to use Sharepoint as i dont have the freedom/problems that gives you SPD. i bet that your solution will help lots of other Sharepoint users, but i can't do what you did with normal Sharepoint.

By the way thanks a lot Bill.

Ricard S.

Viewing 4 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.