Hide Title Bar for certain users…

Hide Title Bar for certain users…

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

We have a qListView web part that we want to show up for some users and not others.  We have the display Chrome Type set to “Title and Border” because there are quite a vew list views so we need it to determine the content of the list being shown.  If we  in the “Hide Users Groups” field put a group to hide it from it hides the content but not the web part title bar…we don’t want them to see any of the web part if they are in the Hide Users Group field.  Any suggestions?

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

Hi Jim,

I like your solution. I hope that it fits Sandy's goal.

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

Hi Sandy,

With your chrome configuration is not possible to hide completely the  web part using the ezEdit options. I googled it a bit for a solution and I found some javascript code that'd do that. You still need to code a bit to show/hide based on user groups. I'd suggest to use ezEdit options to hide fields and add the javascript to hide the whole webpart.

If you accomplish that please share the solution. The community would appreciate that.

Please follow the link:

http://wyly.wordpress.com/2009/05/22/showhide-multiple-web-parts/

Thanks,

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

Sandy – this will sound kludgey but here goes:

So you have user group A that should see the Title and the view, and user group B that should see nothing.  If the Title that you want group A to see doesn't have to be the Title Bar per se, you could permanently hide the Title and Border, and use one of the quest menu webparts as a "title" above the qListView.  Those webparts can be hidden by group as well.

The Quest Menu webpart wouldn't have anything behind it – it wouldn't have to be a working hyperlink.  And it could either have just one entry (which would be the title) or if you want to use the webpart's source list for other purposes, you can configure the webpart so that it only picks up the one item that is functioning as the title.

Does that make sense?

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.