How can I use a "people picker" with the qSIListForm

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

Hi Chuck,

The Person or Group field type is specific to SharePoint lists and qSIListForm doesn't deal with SharePoint lists.

You can write code out of QWP to populate a table in you database with the AD members then use that table to fill the SIListForm fied.

If you have any question please let me know.

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

I have a site that I am using the qSIListForm to insert records into SQL.  The form has fields for Project Sponsor and Requestor, both of which I would like to allow a person selection from AD.   There currently is no option for a Person field like there is on the qListForm.

Anyone have any ideas on how I can accomplish this?

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

Hi Chuck

You can use a "People Picker" alike with qSIListForm. However you will need to be able to access and retrieve data from AD. there is currently no out of box support for directly access data from AD but since Quest SI Web Parts support Web services system, you could use Active Direct Web Services (http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd391908%28WS.10%29.aspx) to load users from AD.

First you would define Catalog property of the qSIListForm to include an entity that has operations to retreive list of users from AD.

Second, you would define Display Fields property of the qSIListForm to include a field that will serve as the user field you plan to use a picker control. Click Edit button next to the field in the ezEdit Display Fields screen, from the next screen where field details are shown, select "Choice" from the Type dropdown list and click "Edit Options" button. The next screen shows that you could define simple list of options for the choice field, but you want to select radio button "retreive the options for the name of the data table in the data set". This allows you to bring external data into this field to display it either as a dropdown list or people picker. Make sure you have "Use Item Picker" checked and other required fields defined (which is similar to SI Field in qListForm).

I hope this helps.

Viewing 2 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.