How do I create a color legand for the various appointments on the qcalendarview web part?

How do I create a color legand for the various appointments on the qcalendarview web part?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

SharePoint 2010qcalendarview 5.7I need to create a legend for the various appointments on the qcalendarview web part. I need some ideas on how to do it. Here is an example of my old calendar in SharePoint 2007 using Bamboo Calendar Plus web part:

oldcalendarscreen.jpg

Here is an image of my new calendar using qcalendarview:

newcalendarscreen.jpg

The new calendar above only shows one list, which is what I will be using. Let me know if creating this legend is even possible as I see no examples or instructions on how this is done on a qcalendarview. I see qcalendarview does have a Custom Action edit box but I am not sure how to use this feature and if I need to even use this feature for the new calendar I am creating. Any help would be appreciated.

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

Hi Jeffrey,

qCalendarView web part's legend is at the list level not the event/appointment level. As a workaround you can use a qListView web part to display the colors on your calendar based on the event type.

Regarding the Custom Actions question, this is used to define custom buttons in the toolbar or new options in the context menu. This would allow you to achieve even greater functionality of this web part (custom code, chain of actions, etc). Please check the documentation for more details.

Viewing 1 reply thread

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.