How do I use user impersonation so the New Item List Form submits as a system account?

How do I use user impersonation so the New Item List Form submits as a system account?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

I am building an app where all users need to be able to submit requests but only admins can see and work the requests.  I don’t want to grant all users contribute access to the target list and read access to the attendant lists.  I know this can be done by custom building the form and impersonating a system account, but I want to use QuickApps qListForm since it is faster/more flexible etc.  Is there a way to have qListForm open as a system account instead of the logged in user or have it use alternate credentials to create list items?

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

Hi Ben,

n

I don’t understand your question very well, could you please give me an example? You want to use qListForm for the regular user to create the items, but just admins can see this items? I think you can create a filed in the list, and this field will be configured as a hidden and fix value(something like the admins name, but make sure to check the ‘Use People Editor’ option if the field type is People and Group field) in the qListForm. Then use this field as a key, and set it into CAML filter in qListView(something like use the FIELD = ‘[ME]’ ).

n

But one thing I can tell you is qListForm cannot open as a system account, and it cannot use alternate credentials to create the list items either. It creates the item base on the current log on user. if you can provide your business scenario, maybe I can give you a solution to achieve that.

n

n

n

Viewing 1 reply thread

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.