How do you call Oracle Procedures with the qSI webparts?

How do you call Oracle Procedures with the qSI webparts?

Home Forums QuickApps Forum How do you call Oracle Procedures with the qSI webparts?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

Hi Kathy,

If you got the Text command to work fine with Oracle then here is a sample about how to create a Stored Procedure and use it from QWP.

I use HR Oracle database that gets installed with Oracle 10g Express Edition.

CREATE

OR REPLACE PROCEDURE HR.GetEmployee

(

p_LAST_NAME

OUT EMPLOYEES.LAST_NAME%TYPE ,

p_FIRST_NAME

OUT EMPLOYEES.FIRST_NAME%TYPE

)

AS

BEGIN

SELECT

LAST_NAME

FIRST_NAME

INTO

p_LAST_NAME

p_FIRST_NAME

FROM HR.EMPLOYEES;

END

and this is how I set the QWP to call the stored procedure created above.

; QWPOracleSP.png

I'd recommend you to try the best product ever made for making Oracle database work easy:

Quest Toad for Oracle.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks,

If you consider that the answer was helpful please don't hesitate to mark it as "Answered”.

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

Thank you,

That is actually how I've been trying to use the Stored Procedure, but when I get to the web part, I can't enter a Method.  Is there something the system administrator need to setup?

stored_proc_webpart.PNG

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

Two more things,

We've been a TOAD shop for over 10 years, love the product.

We are using an Oracle 8.1 DB.

Kathy

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

The user that you use in the Configuration Editor tool has to have proper permissions over the database you try to use.

In my case I use SYS so I have all the permissions. Please check with you DBA for permissions.

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

Glad to hear about TOAD.

I don't know what to say more, talk to your DBA and see what he thinks. As I showed above my SPs show up in my web part.

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

I’ve been trying to do the encapsilation with Oracle Stored Procedures, but all the examples are for SQL Server.

1) How do i create the procedues so that the Web parts can use them to fill in a qSIListView

2) Do i need to create Endpoints in Oracle and if I do how?

Does anybody have some examples, or setup steps for using Stored Procedures in the Oracle DB?

I get Text Methods to work fine, but I’d like to be able to use dynamic queries in some of my procedures.

Kathy

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

I'm still haveing trouble with using stored procedures, but I think it is the Schema we are connecting too, APPS has too many Stored Procedures, and the Web part times out when trying to create a list for the methods.

We're working on having a Webparts Schema for us to put stored procedures and view into and connect to the Oracle DB with that schema.

Kathy

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

Hi Kathy,

Any update regarding the Oracle SPs?

Viewing 7 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.