How to create like K2 "Activity Graph" using qsi Quest chart webpart

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

Hi Mohammed,

If you're familiar with our SI suite of QWP then it works in a similar way with building charts using SQL Server.

Using the Configuration Editor tool you need to create a System and a Service that would connect to your K2 server and then in the qSIChartView you use the service to displays all K2 processes and from there you just define your X and Y axis.

Our documentation provides very good information about Quest Web Parts and K2 objects.Follow the documentation and if you still have questions please let me know and I'll be happy to answer them.

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

Hi

on the documentation I found only this at qSIChareView section:

"

Name – this is a mandatory attribute. This is the name of the entity which must be unique within this Catalog. The name does not have to match with any name in your external system. However, it is recommended that you use a descriptive name for your entity. The exception to this is for the K2 system, where the name must denote the K2 SmartObject unique name. This is provided in a dropdown list of available SmartObjects grouped by hierarchical categories. Select the SmartObject you want to use. This name will be used to refer to this entity in the Action property.

if I set catalog to below for example:

<Catalog>

<Entity Name="Activity_Instance" System="K2" Service="PAS" />

</Catalog>

what should I set for Configuration

Please specify the name or index of the data table that contains the data:

where can I choose which process to make report on..

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

In the Configuration section you pick the process that you want to display the data from.

Then in the Configuration you can specify the index (usually is 0 if you don't return multiple DataTables) or Table.

Then you define your X and Y axis.

Please let me know how it goes.

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

Hi Mohammed,

When you set up the connection to the K2 server using the Configuration Editor tool there is a button called Test Connection. Please use it and test your connection there. If the test fails then on the web part configuration will fail too.

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

Hi

Yes test is successful on the configuration editor tool…

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

Hi all

I am trying to create k2 charts for one the K2 processes but I am lost.. can you guide me..

Thanks

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

Hi Mohammed,

To solve this issue we need to get on a webex session. Please contact Quest Customer Support, open a case and then we can arrange a meeting.

Thanks,

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

Hi

I am getting this error on the configuration window:

We are unable to get the data using the default operation because of the following error: An error occured while connecting to K2 server: Exception of type 'SourceCode.SmartObjects.Client.SmartObjectException' was thrown.

I set Catelog to:

<Catalog>

<Entity Name="Activity_Instance" System="K2" Service="PAS">

<Operation Name="List" Method="List">

<Parameter Name="ProcessInstanceID" Type="System.Int64" Usage="In" />

<Parameter Name="ActivityInstanceID" Type="System.Int64" Usage="In" />

<Parameter Name="ActivityName" Type="System.String" Usage="In" Source="Input" SourceName="ActivityName" />

<Parameter Name="StartDate" Type="System.DateTime" Usage="In" />

<Parameter Name="FinishDate" Type="System.DateTime" Usage="In" />

<Parameter Name="Priority" Type="System.String" Usage="In" />

<Parameter Name="Status" Type="System.String" Usage="In" />

<Parameter Name="ExpectedDuration" Type="System.Int64" Usage="In" />

<Parameter Name="Duration" Type="System.Int64" Usage="In" />

</Operation>

<Properties>

<Property Name="ActivityName" Type="System.String" Value="Technical Sales Support" />

</Properties>

</Entity>

</Catalog>

Viewing 7 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.