How to get the Resource list to work with qSelector? (alternate language support)

How to get the Resource list to work with qSelector? (alternate language support)

Home Forums QuickApps Forum How to get the Resource list to work with qSelector? (alternate language support)

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

No wonder I could not get it to work

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

Hi all,

I have English as the default language in my SharePoint site, Norwegian is installed as a alternate language.

I created a page with the qSelector webpart and connected it to some standard webparts on the same page (4 “Send row to”-connections in the qSelector to a couple of lists).

Display fields in the qSelector:

<Fields>

<Field Name=”Title” />

<Field Name=”Organizational ID Number” />

</Fields>

Display field name: Title

Sort field: Title

After having configured all of the connections and verified that it worked properly, I tried to add support for Norwegian as described in the help section for Quest SP webparts.

I created a list called ResourceList in the same site with the following columns: “Resource ID”, “Culture”, “Value” and the following values:

Resource IDCultureValueTitleTitleTitlenb-NOTittelOrganizational ID NumberOrganizational ID NumberOrganizational ID Numbernb-NOID-nummer for organisasjon

I then opened ezEdit in the qSelector webpart and inserted the following Localization values:

Resource List: <Lists><List SiteUrl=http://MyServer/Leverandorarkiv2” ListName=”ResourceList” /></Lists>

Title Resource ID: Resource ID

So far so good. The qSelector still worked and no errors were given during test usage. I then went into the SharePoint SiteSettings and activated the alternate language support for Norwegian, and then I got the following exception from the qSelector:

“One or more field types are not installed properly. Go to the list settings page to delete these fields.”

I don’t understand why it did not work, so any help regarding this error would be much appreciated

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

I recorded the issue as an enhancement and hopefully it will be in a future release.

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

Hello,

Quest Web Parts version 5.6 supports dynamic language switching  for qListView, qListForm and qChartView but not for qSelector.

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.