How to get the Resource list to work with qSelector? (alternate language support)

How to get the Resource list to work with qSelector? (alternate language support)

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

No wonder I could not get it to work

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

Hi all,

I have English as the default language in my SharePoint site, Norwegian is installed as a alternate language.

I created a page with the qSelector webpart and connected it to some standard webparts on the same page (4 “Send row to”-connections in the qSelector to a couple of lists).

Display fields in the qSelector:

<Fields>

<Field Name=”Title” />

<Field Name=”Organizational ID Number” />

</Fields>

Display field name: Title

Sort field: Title

After having configured all of the connections and verified that it worked properly, I tried to add support for Norwegian as described in the help section for Quest SP webparts.

I created a list called ResourceList in the same site with the following columns: “Resource ID”, “Culture”, “Value” and the following values:

Resource IDCultureValueTitleTitleTitlenb-NOTittelOrganizational ID NumberOrganizational ID NumberOrganizational ID Numbernb-NOID-nummer for organisasjon

I then opened ezEdit in the qSelector webpart and inserted the following Localization values:

Resource List: <Lists><List SiteUrl=http://MyServer/Leverandorarkiv2” ListName=”ResourceList” /></Lists>

Title Resource ID: Resource ID

So far so good. The qSelector still worked and no errors were given during test usage. I then went into the SharePoint SiteSettings and activated the alternate language support for Norwegian, and then I got the following exception from the qSelector:

“One or more field types are not installed properly. Go to the list settings page to delete these fields.”

I don’t understand why it did not work, so any help regarding this error would be much appreciated

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

I recorded the issue as an enhancement and hopefully it will be in a future release.

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

Hello,

Quest Web Parts version 5.6 supports dynamic language switching  for qListView, qListForm and qChartView but not for qSelector.

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.