How to make a multi-line form in Quest WebParts

How to make a multi-line form in Quest WebParts

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

When adding additional line items to a form, I assume you are referring to a table within a from (e.g., InfoPath allows a table within a form: http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/infopath-help/insert-a-repeating-table-HP010080916.aspx)

The qListForm does not have embedded tables within it so you can’t add additional line items to a qListForm.  A work around or an alternative technique is to use a parent/child approach with two different web parts.  For example, say you have a customer displayed in qListForm and you want to add contacts (rows).  You could setup a customer using qListForm on a page and under it put a qListView on the same page to show the contacts.  The contacts table would have a column (e.g., CustomerListID) which links it back to the customer (parent).  When you click “New” Contact, the CustomerListID could be configured to be filled in automatically through a session variable. This approach shows two parts on the page: 1) qListForm on top and 2) underneath qListView which is filtered based on a web part connection on CustomerListID.

If you want to show the two web parts as a single web part, one approach customers take is to use the freeware “EasyTabs” which you can review and download here: http://sp2010.pathtosharepoint.com/sharepoint-user-toolkit/Pages/Easy-Tabs-v5.aspx. Easytabs, puts all of the web parts on a page into a single, tabbed web part.

I hope this helps solve the rows in a form use case.

Curtis Kelly

PM, Quest Web Parts for SharePoint

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

Thanks! I figured we would have to use two different lists for this case. I'm presuming its fairly easy to pass variables from one list off to another list after creation?

Follow up question, is there a way to change the layout of form fields to go from left to right instead of top to down?

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

BTW can you point me to an example of how to the qListForm/qListView option? Thank you.

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

We have a form that requires the user to have the ability to add additional line items (example, you click the plus sign and get an additional line). Can someone direct me to a resource that explains how to set this up within Quest WebParts. 

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

To follow up on this, can someone point  me to an example where you can have two QListForms on one page and the one form would populate an ID with another form? Or the ID of one form would go to another form after you submit it. For example: we have a DNS form we want to deploy and would want the ID for the form to be sent to the corresponding follow up form with individual items. Can someone point me to an example of that?

Viewing 4 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.