How to set an Item limit in qlistview?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

Hi Alex,

There is no way to set he limit in the list view. You can set the page size but the web part will still load all items then apply the pagging. This is because QWP don't work with view as native OOB SP wp.

Regarding the sorting, sort by a column then hold the control key and click on the next column. To disable the sorting please use the property Disable Multi Column sorting in ezEdit.

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

That's unfortunate that you can't specifiy displaying lists in batches.  If there are thousands of entries how would you limit the returned amount while still giving the user the opportunity to search for the entry they want?

For the sorting – if I do the control key method – will that ultimately be how the list is sorted for the end users.  I want to sort by created by and then created columns so the users could very quickly see the last 50 entries or so from a list.

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

Hi Alex,

There is a setting that would allow you to sort by multiple fields when the page loads and that would work well in your case.

Go to ezEdit->Display tab and scroll down  to find the Sort Fields property. You can specify the fields and the order you want to sort each field. Please check our docs for more details on this topic.

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

I don't see a sort fields property.  I hit ezedit and display tab and I see one box that says sort.  I'm not sure how to sort by more than one column.  See screen shot:  Right now I am telling it to sort by the column "created" in descending order.  I then want to sort my list by "created by".  I also set the maximum row count to 100.  I assume that since I sorted my list by created in descending order that my qlist will only return the 100 most recent created items as opposed to the first 100.  Imagine I had 1000 entries but I just want to last 100 to show.

Untitled picture.png

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

On your screenshot I see the Sort Fields property between "Maximum Row Count" and "Child View Sort Fields" properties.

This is what the doc says:

Sort Fields

This property defines the initial sorting criterion for the data. This is the syntax for this

property:

FieldName1 [SortDirection], FieldName1 [SortDirection]

SortDirection is either ASC (ascending order) or DESC (descending order). Please note

that the FieldName and the SortDirection are case sensitive. If the SortDirection is not

specified, ascending order is assumed. For example:

First Name ASC, Last Name DESC, Company

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

Thanks again for your help.  Is there a place where I can download to documentation.  As far as I know – my company did not provide me with any.  I've been mostly trying to figure out information on my own as well as using the CBT on the website.

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

Version 5.4 SharePoint 2007

Is there a way to set an item limit in the qlistview to a certain batch.  For example – I only want to return 50 items at a time.  This could be done OOB in SharePoint by modifying the view and going to item limit where the user could set the limit or limit in batches.  I see there is an option to limit return values in qlistview – but this seems to just completely limit the results rather than loading the items in batches (50 at a time).

Also – how do you sort by multiple columns.  In the sort box for qlist view there is a box, but I am not sure how to say sort by row a and then by row b.  Again this was pretty easy to do OOB.

Thanks for your help,

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

Hi Alex,

n

n

Please use this link to download the latest installer (QWP 5.7). Once you download the exe run it and it will display a splash screen with different sections. One of them is to the docs.

n

http://www.quest.com/web-parts-for-sharepoint/

n

n

n

Since you're on QWP 5.4 SP2007 please send me your email and I send you the chm file since I can't attach it to this tread.

n

n

Viewing 7 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.