Hyperlink Name of Documents Agreggated in qListView

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

Hello Areon,

Please use <%FilePath%> instead of <%filepath%>.

It should work.

If it doesn't then create a test doc lib and display it using a qLIstView and try the same scenario using <%FilePath%>.

Let me know how it foes.

Thanks,

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

<facepalm>

That was it! Thank you.

Areon

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

I'm glad that it worked.

We've taken the steps to correct the kb.

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

I have documents in libraries in 3 sites (all with the same metadata) that I am aggregating into one webpart at an upper level website. The users need to able to click the name of the file (located in the Name column) and have the document open, which is a resonable expectation. I’d suspect that this would be done editing the “Name” column and using the “Link to” selections, but that is not the case.

Knowledge Article 87217 says to enter <%filepath%> in to the “Link to” text field, but this does not work either. I get a “This page can’t be displayed” error message.

12-12-2013 5-10-10 PM.png

Just incase you are wondering

• The files are being grouped by “Year” and “Fab”
      • I am using the free EasyTabs solution to rool up all the webparts into tabs. I’ve verified that this has no bearing on this issue.
      • There are spaces in teh names of the files, but I’ve removed the spaces in some of the file names and this has not resolved the issue.

The version of the product I am using is 6.2 (Build 2013.7.19) in SharePoint 2010.

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

It seems to me that the solution you gave is a work around for and issue. I would suspect that by selecting one of the check boxes shown below should provide the function that inserting the text gave.

12-16-2013 7-15-54 PM.png

Is this truly a problem?

• If not, why not?
      • If so, is there roadmap to resolve this?

Thanks,

Areon

Viewing 4 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.