Icon type in Qlistview web part

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

Hi Priyasaki,

Please let m know your SharePoint and Quest Web Parts version in order to investigate further your issue.

Thanks,

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

Hello Anca,

We are using sharepoint 2010 and Quest 5.7 version with a Hotfix (which we got recently from quest)for "Look up threshold value" i.e "Explicit" option in Display fields.

Regards,

Priyasaki

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

Hi Priya,

It works for me out of the box. I set the web part to display 2 doc libraries and this is how it looks like.

This is how SP OOB List View web part displays the items.

Please follow the link below and take a look at the article that talks about icons association in SP2010.

http://www.sharepointedutech.com/2010/02/17/changing-file-associations-icons-in-sharepoint-2010/

ListView2.png

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

Hello Ana,

Thank you for your response. I have checked out the link you have provided. We did not edit any files in sharepoint to get this working. The icons show up  fine if we are pulling documents from couple of sites but in our production we are doing the roll up for 15-20 sites in a single web part(i.e web part is pulling the docs from 15-20 site collections). Then we are not able to get the icons working fine. Please let me know if it works fine on your side with  data being pulled from many sites.

Regards,

PriyaSaki

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

Hello Quest Community,

I have set up the qlistview as the roll up web part on document libraries. I could see that “Type” column  does not show the type of document it is like pdf,doc,excel sheet as OOB sharepoint does. We have same type of icon for all the different documents. Please  anyone let me know if we can enable anything any where in the configuartion wizard to show up the different icons based on the document type.

Regards,

Priyasaki

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

Hi Priya,

It works fine when I aggregate multiple lists from different sites (see the attached screenshot the underlined document).

ListView3.png

Viewing 5 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.