In qlistform: Make a feild "REQUIRED" based on the condition of a specified string in a second field?

In qlistform: Make a feild "REQUIRED" based on the condition of a specified string in a second field?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

Kirk, we needed this in 5.2, and ended up writing custom .NET code to accomplish it.  But Quest 5.4 adds a "Required When" clause to their Form Component Behavior support which should accomplish what you are needing, I think.

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

I have a single list of two types of projects.  Most fields for each type are identical, with a handful of fields being specific to each type.

Projects List

Project Type A and Project Type B (Common Fields)

Field 1     (Project Type)

Field 2

Field 3

Field 4

Field 5

Project A Only

Field 6

Field 8 Required

Field 10

Project B Only

Field 7 Required

Field 9 Required

Field 11

You can see that I can make the first five fields REQUIRED at the list level.  However, If I make Feild 8 Required at the list level to satisfy rule for Project Type A, When this field isn’t shown to those adding Projects Type B, they won’t be allowed to add the item.

I want to allow all fields to be null at the LIST LEVEL, and then make field 8 required at the form level (Add/Edit) for Projects Type A.  Then do the same for Fields 7 and 9 for Type B entries.

I can use two forms and have a selection that takes the user to the correct add form if needed, but I would like to trigger the correct behavior based on the value in Field 1 (Project Type).

Can the Quest web part qlistform (or any other one) do this?  I’ll even take direction on where in the documentation to find it… Thanks for any help.

– Kirkster

I need an add and edit form that will

Is there any way to force a field or set of fields to act at the Form level as REQUIRED based on when another specified field value is entered as Type A.

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

Jim is right. You can achieve your goeal by using Form Component Behavior. We added new features in 5.4 Form Component Behavior for people that don't want to write custom actions.

Viewing 2 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.