Limit to top 10?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 9 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

Hi Chele,

I've supplied a screen capture for the two fields that you need to use. They are located on the Display tab.

TopX.png

Note that the Sort Fields can be specified in ascending or descending order. See the product documentation (click on the '?' in the top right hand corner of ezEdit) for details on how to do this.

Bill

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

Ok..I'm using the qSIlistview and it does not have the option.  See below…

Notop10.jpg

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

I missed that. Which system were you trying to connect? If it is relational database, it is advised to select top 10 from database using stored procedure or SQL query. qSIListView does not offer Maximum Row Count option and it will rely on the backend system to return the specified top items, in another words, that logic to select top x items resides on the external system which your SI List View is connecting to.

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

I will do that.  Thanks for everything!

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

Hi Chele,

Unfortunately there is no way to specify a "TOP X" option.

You can contact Support team and open a case and you'll be provided an enhancement request number.

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

Im using the qsilistview web part vs 5.7.  Is there a way to create a list of the top ten items only?  I’m able to set it to view 10 at a time, but I’d really like to see just the top 10.

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

Thanks.  Thought I would ask.

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

Chele

Typically a top x option is rendered with CAML query (sort field for example) and an additional parameter setting "Maximum Row Count" parameter on the ezEdit Display tab for qListView. This way only specific number of rows (e.g. set it to 10, only top 10 rows will be returned).

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

Hi Chele,

Sorry for my bad answer. I was thinking of a recent issue that I dealt with where the customer had multiple lists and he wanted to display TOP X items from all lists combined.

came with the right answer.

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

Thanks and no problem .  Now where do I find the Max Row count?  It was soo much easier in 5.6.  It seems to be a little more hidden in 5.7.

Viewing 9 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.