Linking qListForm and qCalendarView in NewListItem mode

Linking qListForm and qCalendarView in NewListItem mode

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

I have a choice field (Resource) on a NewListItem form (qListForm).  When the user selects a resource from the choice field, I want to perform and AutoPostBack and send the value to the CAML filter in the Calendar to display only the events associated with the resource.  How can I send this information to the calendar?  I believe that a session varible is only set during the save operation.  I was not sure how to retain the data on the form and pass the value via http parameter.  Or is there a better way to have these two web parts communicate what to display on the calendar.  I need to be able to let the person entering the information to change the resource displayed on the calendar if the planned resource is not available to schedule.

Thanks

Jeff

Picture (Device Independent Bitmap) 1.jpg

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

Hi Jeff,

The session in qListForm gets set when the item is saved or when the form is loaded (check the docuemntation).

I don't think that this would work in your case because you want to filter the calendar based on the resource when the user changes the resource selection during teh postback.

What you could try here is to write some custom code using the pleCode we provide with the product (check QWP installation folder) and use the form Inititilaization Action to store the value in your session then consume that from qCalendar.

Give it a try and let me know if you have more questions.

Viewing 1 reply thread

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.