• This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

Hello,

n

Is the qListForm web part capable of showing only distinct values for a lookup field?

n

E.g.

n

Parent list has a column called ‘Type‘ – Multiple items in this list have the same value for column ‘Type‘.

n

I have another list in which there is a lookup column to Parent listType‘. When creating a new item in this list, I need the lookup column to display distince values of ‘Type‘ from the Parent list.

n

The alternative I can think of is writing a script to remove duplicate values. But I am keen to know if there is a setting in qListForm web part that can be used for it; since this is quite a common requirement from users.

n

n

Cheers,

n

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

Hi ,

n

I don't think you can remove duplicate values in this scenario. Because, for a list item,  the value saved in a lookup field is not the display text, but the link to the list item in the parent list. For example:

n

http://XXX.XXXXXXXXXXXX/_layouts/listform.aspx?PageType=4&ListId={6F72018C-4480-4391-BD31-8DC60FAE41EB}&ID=2

n

Though the display texts of the items are duplicate, their links are unique. They are actually not duplicate values.

n

My suggestion is create a new list and add a "Type" column. The values in the "Type" column are distinct values. Use this list as the parent list of the lookup field.

n

Viewing 1 reply thread

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.