Multiple sort fields in qSelector -not possible?

Multiple sort fields in qSelector -not possible?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

Hi Julia,

Unfortunately the qSelector can only sorting on a single field at a time for now, unlike some of the other web parts such as the qListView, which supports a sort condition based on multiple field names such as "FieldA ASC, FieldB DESC".

I have created an enhancement request for qSelector and for your reference the ID is 218803.

Thanks.

Yuan

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

so any ideas anyone? Any input will be appreciated! Thanks,

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

hi guys,

I have been using a qSelector to present some data for the user and I need to be able to sort data in the dropdown by 2 different fields: by Category first then by Title. It dosnt seem to be possible. Am I correct? Now if i put “Category,Title” coma separated in the “Sort Field” – the data in the dropdown is not sorted at all, not by any of the fields.

Is there a work around to make tihs happen?

Please advise.

Thanks a lot,

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

Hi Julia,

You're welcome.

Usually management will decide which enhancement requests will be implemented in the next version, but I will suggest to have this one included since we already support it in other web parts, and it also makes sense to have it in the qSelector in this scenario.

We do not have a fixed release date yet but it is likely to be around end of 2012.

Thanks,

Yuan

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

Thanks a lot Yuan for getting back to me.

The enhancement request will probably be implemented in the next version for the Quest Webparts, right?

When do you think is ETA of the release date for that?

Thanks a lot,

Viewing 4 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.