RID (unique key)

Data

List 2:

RID (foreign key)

PID (foreign key)

List 3:

PID (unique key)

Data

This is essentially mapping a N-N relationship between lists.

I have List 1 displayed in a list view filtered based on a querystring.  The filter is based on the RID.  What I’ve done next is create another list view with List 2 as the primary list and List 3 as the child list with the PID values linking.  List 2 is also filtered on RID.  When I do this I’m getting the appropiate values to display for List 2 but when I expand the child view there are no items displayed (and there should be).

Following the tutorials this should provide me with what I need but I’m not quite sure where things are going wrong.

A second question, if I manage to get this solution working, am I able to display all child values only and hide the parent?

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

Okay I managed to fix this myself.  After spending half the day yesterday and most of this morning.

What I was doing was in List 2 RID and PID were lookup values from List 1 and List 3.  However in List 1 and List 3 RID/PID were text strings so what I was doing was basically comparing a lookup with a text string.  Even though the text of the lookup was the same it wouldn't link them.

List 1:

RID: 0001

Data

List 2:

RID: 0001 (link to List 1 element)

PID: 0001 (link to List 3 element)

List 3:

PID: 0003

Data

Viewing 1 reply thread

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.