Nintex and QuickApps 6.3

Nintex and QuickApps 6.3

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

Hi All, just had a long look through all the new 6.3 documentation and the inner workings of these web parts for something on this Nintex capability. Can't seem to find anything. Can someone point me in the right direction here? Thanks.

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

Hi John,

n

I apologize the blog post may have been a bit misleading. With 6.3, we tested QuickApps against Nintex workflow and out of the box, our system integration (SI) web parts can connect to Nintex via Webservices. So users can utilize custom actions to launch a Nintex workflow from our qSIListForm.  

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

Hi Dan,

n

OK, so this is about adding a reference to the Nintex Web Service, such as http://servername/_vti_bin/NintexWorkflow/Workflow.asmx in the Configuration Editor and then referencing an appropriate 'method' such as 'StartWorkFlow' from inside an SI web part?

n

Is there any documentation on this? Nothing seemed to jump out.

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

Hi John,

n

Yes, you're right. Create a new System/Service using the Configuration Editor tool, reference the Nintex workflow service (http://YourServer/_vti_bin/nintexworkflow/workflow.asmx) then you can start a Nintex workflow as a custom action from qSIListForm.

n

This is how I have defined my custom action using teh web service method StartWorkflowOnListItem and launching a Nintex workflow called Nintex1000Validation on item ID=1

n

<Entity System="SystemSharePointWS" Service="ServiceNintex" Name="Nintex">
      <Operation Method="StartWorkflowOnListItem" Name="StartWFOnListItem">
      <Parameter Name="itemId" Type="System.Int32" Usage="In" Source="FixedValue" Value="1" />
      <Parameter Name="listName" Type="System.String" Usage="In" Source="FixedValue" Value="DocNintex" />
      <Parameter Name="workflowName" Type="System.String" Usage="In" Source="FixedValue" Value="Nintex1000Validation" />
      <Parameter Name="associationData" Type="System.String" Usage="In" Source="FixedValue" />
      </Operation>
      </Entity>

n

The documentation for the Web Services applies to Nintex workflow web service too. Also I checked teh NIntex docs for more details about the parameters and operations.

n

Please let me know if you have any questions.

n

n

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

Hi, 

n

In regards to the release of 6.3 I found this BLOG.  …. Nintex Workflow Integration—Enable users to take action on Nintex workflows from within qSIListForm. You can also use the qSIChartView to build 3-D charts and dashboards that provide full visibility of your Nintex workflows, including real-time workflow status. Nintex is one of the market leaders in workflow and now you can combine the best of QuickApps with one of the top workflow tools.

n

n

We are a Nintex Partner. I am interested to know more about this new Nintex/qSIListForm/qSIChartView capability is – can anybody explain??

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

Hi , thanks for this update and insight. This is more of a use case with Nintex – we were looking for some new Nintex specific features in 6.3. Best regards

Viewing 5 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.