Opening Editform.aspx and Dispform.aspx in Modal Dialog Window

Opening Editform.aspx and Dispform.aspx in Modal Dialog Window

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

If you are on QWP 5.7 then you can do that by using the Link To Property to specify the link and the property Open Link In and pick Dialog. The previous versions (including SP2007) don't have this option.

Please note that you can create your own pages that you can use to Edit/View/Create list items and you're not limited to the OOB pages. If you use these OOB pages then the list has to launch the forms in a dialog option defined (this option sits under Advanced settings and is called 'Launch forms in a dialog" (SP2010 only).

Please let me know if you have any issues with it.

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

Thanks !  This addressed my hyperlink column, but not the OTB Sharepoint Edit field.  Is there any way to address that?  When I set the Open Link In property it had no effect on the field.

snapshot.jpg

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

You need to create your "Edit" field as a calculated field and make it a LinkTo field.

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

Thanks.  So, just to confirm, the otb field doesn't work, correct?

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

The OOB "Edit" field is a special field that links to the EditForm.aspx and the ID of the item.

Create your own Edit field and that would do it.

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

Thanks .

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

Good morning,

Is it possible when launching the editform.aspx or dispform.aspx from the qlistview webpart via a field designated as a hyperlink column or the Edit field to open in a dialog?  Newform.aspx forms open this way by default, but not the other list forms.  Is this possible?  If not, is there an enhancement request for this?

Thanks.

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

Thanks.

Viewing 7 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.