Parameters supplied by either QueryString or Search Fields on qSIListView

Parameters supplied by either QueryString or Search Fields on qSIListView

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

I have been creating some pages that will display the results of a stored procedure on an SQL database. These stored procedures require a parameter value. On most of the pages I am getting that value using the Input [Field Name].Value in the search fields. In some cases, I link to the report from other pages. In this case, I would like to supply the parameter value via an HTTP query string value. Is there a way to set this up so that I can use either the search fields or the query string to supply the parameter value to the stored procedure? Dave

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

Dave,
      When connecting to SQL Server via SI Web Parts, you could configure the Catalog so that the Entity/Operation/Parameter could take the parameter input from HTTP Request value.
      Alternatively you could set up the filter panel and supply your input in the filter panel as parameters to call SQL Server. You need to review the help on the filter panel usage property and understand how filter values are used to filter either on the server side, or client side or both.

Viewing 1 reply thread

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.