• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

Sharepoint 2007

QuickApps 5.6

I am in a very restricted network environment. Updating to the newest version of QA wont be an option.

– My Session name is FCRNsession

– Page2 list view includes the FCRN

– When I used "not equal to" that resulted in the full list of FCRNs

I cant really find any good information on what session field to place the "FCRNsession" in. i am assuming that i need this on both page1 and page2.

Page1:

1.JPG

Page2:

2.JPG

When CamlFilter is set to "Equal to" I get no result. When set to "not Equal to"

Camlfilter:

nic3.JPG

Resulting in:

nic4.JPG

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

I think taht the problem in on Page2, the lists view sets the same session and therefore you don't see the filtering working.

On Page2 don't use the name FCRNsession in any other part but CAML filter.

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

I have tried a number of variations with no success.

There are two types of sessions.

1. Set Session Name

2. Session Name

I dont know if i need both?

The diagram below illustrates what i have so far.

Page 1 set session name "DPEMSession" is used to pass the Job Number to the New Form FCRN. Without this session i would not know what job the FCRN belongs to.

Page 2 set session name "FCRNsession" is used to pass the FCRN to the New Form for PCN. Without this session i would not know what FCRN the PCN belongs to.

nic9.JPG

So, that leave the Active Link column for FCRN on page1 (Blue Line)

When i click on the FCRN i want to look at. I would like the caml filter to filter all other FCRN from view as page 2 opens. Showing only the FCRN and the PCN.

Currently, when i set the caml filter i get no returns. i'm also not sure which session to use, page1 or page2.

Hope this helps.

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

Hi ,

Please double check the following:

– session name is case sensitive . Use the same for Session Name values on both Page1 and Page2

– ensure that the list that you display on Page2 has items that have the value that you filter.

– change the CAML filter condition instead of equal to not equal (or is not null) for testing only.

– for testing purpose, expose the value from the session using the the LinkTo property using the ?Field=<%FieldName%> syntax (see the docs for more details)

When you make click on the Page1 link you'll be redirected to Page2.aspx?Field=value and see the value that is passed on.

Also, please let me know your SP and QA version.

Thanks,

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

Need Help.

First, the network i am working in prohibits video access, so please dont send video links.

Im trying to pass a session value from one page to another using qlistview webpart.

When i Click on the FCRN number it directs me to page 2.

hp1.JPG

PAGE2:

hp2.JPG

As you can see, when I try to use the CAML Filter (Session) I get no result.

I want to see the result for the FCRN selected and the Children values that belong to that FCRN.

Any thoughts?

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

I found the solution.

As i stated earlier, there are two types of Sessions.

1. Set Session Name

2. Session Name

Turns out that there is a thrid session value needed. When using a Parent, Child lookup the Child will also need its own "Set Session Name" This setting was back on page1.

1pcn.JPG

After i added this new set session name. I updated the caml filter on page 2.

2pcn.JPG

The Qlistview now displayed the FCRN that was clicked on Page1

3pcn.JPG

End Post…

Viewing 5 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.