Permissions for QWP's users.

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

I am the one having this issue.

What is being accessed is a page that has only quest web parts on it. Users have read only access to the entire site. The quest web parts connect to a list elsewhere on the site which the users have read only access to.

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

Hello

Thank you…

Customer states that basically all pages they have created that have quest web parts on them for some reason require special permissions. In other words if someone has read access on a site collection they can look at all sites and all pages, unless quest web parts are on that page.

The only way they can get it to work is to create special permissions for pages with quest web parts on them.

(on behalf of another)

-Rich

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

we just removed the syntax from the search field…

and it stopped throwing the error.

from EZEdit… we took this out of the Searched Fields <Fields>

<Field Name="Buildings" Title="Building" />

<Field Name="Roof ID" />

<Field Name="Condition" Title="Condition" /> </Fields>

So…it looks like any of the Qlistviews that have searched fields set up in EZedit are throwing the error…(when accounts only have Read Access).  The only workaround I can currently think of would be to grant greater permissions to the users that wish to use these reports…however I do not beleive that is an option.  I need to find out why having "searched fields" configured require further than "Read Access" requirements.  My suspicion is that there is some kind of cached file or xml file of some type that is created upon use of search…and to create the file "Write or create" permissions are needed".  Or perhaps it is the filter use…I do not know, will investigate.

Regardles…

This issue is now outside of the assistance of this community I believe, and I will proceed within the support case.

Thank you,

Richard

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

QWP follows SP security model.

The permissions required depend on what they're trying to access.

The screenshot shows an Access Denied but we don't know what the user tries to access.

We need to gather more info.

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

Hello Community,

Question regarding permissions required for QWP’s users…  I can’t find anywhere in the help or documentation that says what permissions the users need.

(Not the installing account…the users that are using QWP’s after it’s installed).

What permissions are required for QWP’s users?

Error messaged attached…12234ec2-476c-4a26-beec-334830facd8f.JPG

Thank you,

Richard

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

After going online with the customer we identified that the security issue was caused by a 3rd party solution (custom fields) and not by QWP.

Viewing 5 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.