Loading...

Populate listForm field based upon Lookup field…

Populate listForm field based upon Lookup field…

Home Forums QuickApps Forum Populate listForm field based upon Lookup field…

  • This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
    Posts
    • #6494
      Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

      Thank you Jim.  I found your comments helpful.  However, I have been working directly with the folks at Quest and even provided the xml for my configuration of the display fields.  Result was that they were able to reproduce my "problem" in their servers and have a developer working on a solution.  We attempted everything that should have worked, and yet the end result was a field with no values….  I am hopeful that there is a simple solution to this issue delivered soon!

      Regards,

      Jon

    • #6495
      Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

      Thanks for the follow-up. Since this is a feature we use regularly, if you have identified what circumstances led to your issue, I would be very interested in knowing what those are. I don't think we have run into any issues with this ourselves.

      – Jim

    • #3941
      Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

      QWP for SP 2010.

      I have a qlistform that includes two fields: 

      Main Categories

      Sub Categories

      This form is based on the NewItem (newform.aspx) template, within a list called NewTicket.  The categories are contained within two other lists, called “Main Categories” and “Sub Categories”.  All three are within the same site, but different lists.  What I am attempting to do is use the Main Categories cross-site lookup field to filter and populate the Sub Categories choices.  Both Main and Sub cat fields are cross-site lookup fields.  The field in the Main Categories list  is “Title” and in the Sub Categories list is also “Title”.  I am either not understanding how to configure the display parameters, or something is not working.  Can someone provide insight or example for me?

      Here’s a shot of the columns / values in the Main Categories list:

      list01.GIF

      Here’s a shot of the columns / values in the Sub Categories list (Title is the sub category, Main Category is a lookup and Main Category:ID is the ID of the Main Category from the other list):

      list02.GIF

      Here’s the list form:

      form_01.GIF

      Here’s the Display Fields form;

      form_02.GIF

      Here’s the display fields details for the Main Category field showing I set it to cross-site lookup field type so that I could pull the values from that list:

      form_03.GIF

      And here is the display fields details for the Sub Category field showing I set it to cross-site lookup field type, as well as set it to filter based on the value selected in the Main Category field, above…. 

      form_04.GIF

      I’ve tried various combinations of values in all of the fields but it does not appear that when the Main Category field value is selected (after auto post-back) that any values are brought into the sub-category field drop-down.  It may be because the key is not correct…. 

      Anyone offer suggestions?  I am sure this is something “stooopid” that I am forgetting. 

    • #6792
      Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

      Jim-

      No root cause yet…. I'll be sure to post any findings / resolution on this thread.  I had Curtis from Quest actually walk through via screenshare step-by-step the configuration of the listform and the parent/child fields, and we both ended-up scratching our heads.  Other auto-fill fields work fine, cross-list lookups, etc.  But in this case I have a form in one list (A), a field (parent) configured as a cross-site lookup from a second list (B), and a field (consumer) performing a cross-site lookup to a "third" list (C).  If I set the consumer field to be a simple cross-site lookup, it works no problem.  But what I need it to do is filter based on the parent field lookup value, after an auto-post refreshes the form.  What actually happens is after the auto-post refresh the consumer field (C) doesn't contain any values, is simply blank with a flashing cursor in it.

      I'll update as I learn more!

      Jon

    • #4776
      Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

      Jonathan,

      this is not an Answer but perhaps it will be Helpful: one thing I have found is that column titles can make configuration really confusing. If given lists have identical or similar column titles, then getting the visual cues to help ensure that the configuration is correct is hindered.

      So, for example, in my subcategory list, the field defined in the SP definition as a lookup would have a name like "parentCategory", instead of just "Title".

      Having done that, it will be easier for you and for others to tell if there is a problem with the configuration.

Viewing 4 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.