qCalendarView color coding

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

Hi Jurgen,

Could you please specify the Quest Web Parts version you are on and also the SharePoint version?

Thanks,

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

MOSS version is 12.0.0.6539

Quest Webparts for SharePoint version: 5.3 (Build 2010.07.16)

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

Hi Jurgen and thank you for replying.

I found that the colouring doesn't work with Approval Status field so I created a numeric field (called CID) that is populated based on the Approval Status value (0 approved, 1 pending).

Then I used the following configuration to achieve the calendar coloring.

I set the Appearance Field Name to CID then the Color Appearance to

<Appearance>

<AppointmentAppearance FieldValue="2" BackgroundColor="#CC0033" FontColor="#0000CC" />

<AppointmentAppearance FieldValue="1" BackgroundColor="#00CC99" FontColor="#330033" />

</Appearance>

Please let me know if you have any questions.

If you consider this answer as useful please mark it so.

qCalendarColors.png

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

How do you populate a column based on approval status? You cannot use Approval Status in a calculated field and if you use a workflow the Approval Status value changes when you update the item. Please advise 🙂

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

Hello,

I’m trying to color code items in the qCalendarView based on the Approval Status column that gets added to the list when you enable content approval. So far I have been unsuccessfull. I tried both Approval Status and ModerationStatus as values for Appearance Field and for field values both Approved as well as 0;#Approved. All to no avail.

Is it possible to achieve this via the field Appearance options or is there another way?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

Hi Jurgen,

I tried using a workflow but it didn't work. Also I tired to run a custom action same result.

Both my attempts failed because the Approval action is a seperate process that has to be run after the item gets created or modified.

I wish I could help you out more and I spent time trying to find a solution for you but I just couldn't find any.

PS

I'd recommend you to take a look to a sample Visual Studio project that we ship with our web parts installer (you can find it under the product installation folder\Sample Code). You can accomplish lots of things using that sample (you have the power to write your own code that gets executed by the ListForm web parts).

Viewing 5 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.