- This topic is empty.
- 05/11/2012 at 8:16 am #5184
I tried the same scenario in my env using QWP 5.7 SP2010 and Outlook 2010 and it worked well for me. The SP items displayed correctly in my Outlook calendar, I was able to edit the event and see the changes in the qCalendarView web part.
Version 5.2 is quite an old version (6 versions behind the most recent version released) and I'd suggest you tu upgrade to 5.7 to benefit of the many features/improvements we've added and to support you better.
- 05/11/2012 at 8:22 am #6185
, I don't have any issues with displaying the items in the Outlook calendar or editing the item from Outlook. It is just when I click the "Open in Browser" button in the ribbon bar that things get messed up.
We are working on upgrading to the lastest version of Quest Web Parts, but this may take some time. Was just wondering if there was a quick fix that would correct this issue in the meantime.
- 05/11/2012 at 8:50 am #6186
Sorry about that. Now I see the problem. The link generated in my env. is different than yours
The correct link should be
I'm going to record the issue in our tracking systems and hopefully will be fixed in the upcoming versions.
- 05/11/2012 at 8:54 am #4100
I recently discovered a small problem with the Quest Web Part qCalendarView for SharePoint. If you enable the option for users to “Connect to Outlook” for some reason the system does not list the address of the calendar correctly.
The system should send Outlook the calendar address as the following:
Instead for some reason it sends Outlook the calendar address like this:
This causes a problem with end users because when they connect the calendar, even though the calendar displays correctly in Outlook, they cannot connect directly to the item when they click “Open in Browser” in the Outlook toolbar ribbon. Doing so brings them to a URL (below) that is misunderstood by the browser and only shows the default view.
I am currently using version 5.2 of Quest SharePoint web parts.
- 05/11/2012 at 8:54 am #6187
This is the reference # 204854.
You can check the release notes in the next releases to find out whether it was fixed or not.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.