qCalendarView displaying owa calendar

qCalendarView displaying owa calendar

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 9 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

qCalendarView has the option to connect to Outlook and that allows you to see your SharePoint calendar lists in Outlook.

To enable this option got to ezEdit -> Toolbar Appearance and check (if not already) Show Connect to Outlook.

This option works only if the local machine has Microsoft Oultook installed.

Please let me know how that goes.

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

I'm thinking more in terms of connecting to a shared email account's calendar.

This is how I connect with a web browser:

https://owa.SERVERNAME.DOM/exchange/SharedEmailAccount@SERVERNAME.DOM/calendar

Where SERVERNAME.DOM is the Exchange Server and domain

Mart

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

Hi all,

I’m using qCalendarView 5.6. With this, is it possible to view Outlook (Exchange 2007) calendars?

I’m on SP 2007

Mart

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

Unfortunatelly you can't dsplay an Exchage Calendar in qCalendarView web part.

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

What I need to do to is tie aggregated calendars (or lists in calendar view) to outlook calendar as an overlay.  Sharepoint will not do this natively. The aggregation works, the button is there, but it does not pull the aggregated items into outlook.  Also the native connect to outlook doesn't work in OWA.   I was hoping the web part would be a way around this

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

Hi!
      I just want to be clear, the "Connect to Outlook" feature does not work with OWA?

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

Hi,

The purpose of the Connect to Outlook button is to let the users to display the data from SharePoint Discussion List in the Outlook Calendar.

It doesn't work with OWA.

This is what the documentation says:

If set to true, the Connect to Outlook button will be displayed in the toolbar. The

Connect To Outlook button lets users view their Sharepoint Discussion lists in their

Microsoft Outlook Calendar. The Connect To Outlook button will work only if the user

has Microsoft Outlook installed in their machine and it only works for the SharePoint

Discussion list.

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

qCalendarView is for Sharepoint Discussion lists? I thought it was for aggregating calendars? Now I am really confused

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

No, the purpose of the qCalendar View is to display data from one or more SharePoint lists in a calendar form.

What I said was "The purpose of the Connect to Outlook button is to let the users to display the data from SharePoint Discussion List in the Outlook Calendar." and this is only for Connect to Outlook button.

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

We have opened an internal investigation regarding the "Connect to Outlook" functionality as documented.

I'll let you know once I know the result.

Viewing 9 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.