qCalendarView events overlap days inconsistently

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

Hello Jim,

I understand exactly the scenario as you described. Dev has identified this problem a while back that the date range does not always correctly reflect the actual Start and End Date of an event in the month view mode. This was not always reproduceable and happens probably 50% of times when the page is refreshed. Switching to another view would sometimes fix this, but not always.

We did introduce a fix to address this rendering issue found in the calendarview in v5.5 and that is why you cannot reproduce this behavior in 5.5.

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

SP 2007, QWP 5.2

We have a qCalendarView with a few items, and the settings are defined with Start and End Dates (defined as date only Date/Time fields). When the qCalendarView first renders, the events are overlapping days and should not. The first image shows this “before” view. For example, the entry that shows spanning 11/2 and 11/3 for Tony Gray is actually only a one-day event. Now click the “more…” link. This will go to a one-day view. From there, navigate back by clicking “Month”. You will then see the same page as before, but the events are now rendered correctly (see image 2).

MWSnap 2011-11-11, 13_44_23.jpg

… as you can see now, the entry for Tony is showing on only one date (which is correct). Also note that the “more…” links have vanished. I have tried reproducing this behavior in 5.5 *AND* in another simple 5.2 scenario, and I cannot. So there is something fishy going on. The fact that it corrects itself makes me pretty certain that it is a Quest issue that is perhaps partly dependent on some data condition (since it doesn’t always happen). Any ideas for working around this one?

MWSnap 2011-11-11, 13_45_06.jpg

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

Thanks, Yuan!

Viewing 2 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.