Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

SharePoint 2010

QWP 5.7

Hi,

I would like to leverage the “Check User Access” option in the qCascadingMenu, however, it does not seem to honor the permissions for the target.  I have tried both relative and fully qualified path names in the List, neither appear to help.  The goal is to hide some of the links for users not in certain SharePoint groups.  I have confirmed when the user clicks on one of the links that I would like hidden, they get the Access Denied SharePoint error page.  Is there more to setting this feature up that I have missed.  I found no other information in the documentation than either it’s on or not, and that if on it could impact performance.

Thanks for the help!

Nate

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

Hi Nate,

Thanks for reporting your findings. The "Check User Access" option when enabled is supposed to hide menu items pointing to site pages to which the current user does not have permission to access from that user.

However I can confirm this feature is not currently working in our latest code streams, so I have logged this issue (no:213711) and it will be addressed in an upcoming release.

Thanks,

Yuan

Viewing 1 reply thread

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.