qCascadingmenu – view in Top Nav bar instead of default nav menu

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

Hi Jeffrey,

You need to use SharePoint designer and replace the top navigation bar with qCascading Menu.

Drop and configure qCascadingMenu on a web part page, edit that page in SP Designer, copy the XML and then modify the v4.master using the XML. Also you need to register the control on the page.

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

Works great! Thanks for the advice. Much appreciated.

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

Hi Anca,

"/. Also you need to register the control on the page./"

What is the exact syntax/code to register Quest Webpart controls in SharePoint 2010 Master Page? We are currently using Quest Webparts version 5.7

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

Hi Raindeer,

This is how you register the control in v4.master page (at the top of the page section where you see similar entries)

<%@ Register TagPrefix="Navigation" Namespace="WA.Navigation" Assembly="WA.Navigation, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=2b4b09f1c57c8f0b"%>

And this is how you add the web part (framgment of the XML web part definition)

<Navigation:PanelMenu runat="server" __MarkupType="xmlmarkup" WebPart="true" __WebPartId="{240BB0EE-8A42-433A-995C-6F5054006142}">

….

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

SharePoint 2010

Quest 5.7

qCascadingMenu

I need to be able to insert the qCascadingMenu I created on the Top Nav bar replacing the default Top Nav Bar which comes standard with the SharePoint 2010 solution. Let me know how I would do this. Thanks in advance for helping me with this.

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

HI Anca,

Once I add the webpart in Master page, the tagprefix is also automatically registered.

Based on your answer on top, I had an impression, we need to add it specifically after adding the webpart.

I am fine now and thanks for your reply.

An observation I noticed which might be useful.

If we try to change the webpart properties either by Design or Code after added and saved the master page with webpart, SharePoint throws Coorelation id error.

Once we delete and re-add the same webpart with all required properties, it works fine.

So just remember, for first time when you add the webpart, Set all the properies that are required. Period.

—-

Viewing 5 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.