qcascadingmenu wrapping issue

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

Hi Michael,

I tried your scenario using QWP 5.6 for SharePoint 2010 and Firefox 10.0.2 and Chrome 17.0.963.56 and the qCascading menu displays correctly the image and the text on the same line.

What's your QWP and SharePoint version?

Thanks,

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

I'm currently using QWP 5.4 in Sharepoint 2010.  Would the size of my icons make any difference?  My icons are all 24×24 pixels, and I specifically wanted to use the 'robotic' skin type for my menu.

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

You can try a smaller icon size (16×16) and differnet skins.

If you see that the isuse depends on the skin then can have your custom skin (check the documentation for more details). OIf that's the case I'd recommend to use an existing skin as base of your skin.

Also, upgrading QWP to 5.6 (or 5.7 that is going to be out next month) would solve the problem.

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

Hi,

I’m wondering if there is an easy way for me to control how the qcascading menu wraps text for each parent ID, and why text wrapping might be different in other browsers such as Firefox or Safari.  Currently my menu has an icon and some text for each parent item, and while I have no trouble viewing it in Internet Explorer but when I view it in Firefox or Chrome the text appears below the icon.  Any insight would be greatly appreciated.  Images are attached.

Additional Attachments:

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

Resizing the images helped make the menu fit better with the skin I'm using, but I still don't know why it wraps the text below the image other browsers.  I'll wait for our Sharepoint admin group to update to the newer version and see if that fixes it.

Viewing 4 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.