qChartView (or others?): Multiple Fields on the x-axis

qChartView (or others?): Multiple Fields on the x-axis

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

I work in a deparment that manages MIS/IT projects for a mid-sized company. I’m building a time / work tracking tool in SharePoint and would like to add some charts, graphs and dashboards.

The main list has fields like employee, client-department, project, application, work type and hours.  It is, of course, very easy (thanks Quest!) to graph total hours by any of these fields and I have created a graph showing that my team has worked 50 hours for the Finance Department, 75 for Legal, 20 for HR…

What I’d like to do is present a chart showing total hours broken down by two (or more) different fields.  For example,  I might want to show hours by client-department and project so that I can see, for example, that the team has done 20 hours on the Finance deparment’s ERP Project, 25 more on their AP-EFT project and 5 on their Bank Integration Project.

Now, I know that I can make a calculated fied on the list and have the field concatenate “Client-Department” with Project.  Then I use the calculated field on my x axis and build the chart.

I’m wondering if there a way to be more flexible, so that I don’t have to add new calcualted fields onto my hours list everytime somone needs a new combination.  Basically, I want to find a chart type in qChartView OR some other web part that would allow me to use multiple fields on the x-axis of a chart.  (Much like you would do in a Cognos type BI tool.)

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

Tom

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

Our qChartView supports only one value of XAxis but I think that you can accomplish wat you want using the Stack chart capabilities of it.

n

See a sample here http://communities.quest.com/message/35481#35481

n

Also qChartView multiseries could be an option for you.

n

If you still have questions or need more help please attach your list with data (it doesn't have to contain real data), qChartView configuration and a screenshot of what you want the Chart to be like (from Cognos or any other tool).

n

n

Viewing 1 reply thread

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.