qchartview shows all choices from a site column – even when no value exists.

qchartview shows all choices from a site column – even when no value exists.

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

Hi ,

I reproduced the scenario in my env. and I can confirm the issue.

Please contact Customer Support and open a case describing the issue and mention this link.

Thanks,

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

Hi

Understand that you have opened a support ticket with us but just wonder in your situation, the List that your ChartView web part is connecting to does not contain any row that it's column CYQuarter has value of CY 2013 Q3 or CY 2014 Q4?

From the chart you posted here, there is label CY 2013 Q3  through CY 2014 Q4 rendered on x axis. In order for these labels to show up, there must be rows in the List that contains these value because the ChartView does not have the knowledge to predict and render them. The most likely explaination to this chart rendering is that you may have rows that just have CYQuarter value ranging from CY 2013 Q3 through CY 2014 Q4 but no value in column ValueMedicated, ValueTANF, and ValueSNAP. Because there is no way for qChartView to know and to render CY 2013 Q3 through CY 2014 Q4 if they do not exist in the source data.

Is it possible to send us the List template including the data? Could your chart view point to multiple lists?

Thanks,

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

Yes we have multiple charts using a site column (versus a list column) as a look-up.  In every case the pre-defined choices for future CY Quarters (e.g. CY 2014 Quarter 4) show on our charts while the data list the chart is consuming does not have a corresponding record with the choice.  In the interim we have reduced the site column to contain only up to CY 2014 Q2; at least this way – depending on how up to date the data in the list might be – we only show two or three blank columns on the chart – and fortunately they are always at the end of the x axis. 

We are not using 2 data lists for any of our charts.  If you want, I can provide login information via e-mail so you can view our live site.  The other design choice we've made is that for the public side of this – we are using list columns to maintain the CY Quarter choices.  I attached a template of the list which generated the chart in the prior post – the CYQuarter column is a site column.

Regards,

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

We recently upgraded from QuickApps 5.7 to 6.1 on our SharePoint 2010 enterprise.  We have over 50 charts using site columns to allow choices of date ranges (e.g. CY2009Q1  represents the first quarter of Calendar Year 2009).  While on 5.7 our charts didn’t show the additional choices on horizontal axis.  The charting “stopped” when the list ran out of entires.  Now with 6.1 the chart continues even though the site column choice don’t have corresponding items in the list.  We have tried filtering to not sure Null Values – but this doesn’t work.

Why does chartview iterate through and then display all choice options – even when there is not data – what changed between 5.7 and 6.1.  I’ve attached two files – the first shows the chart after the upgrade to 6.1  – in 5.7  the CY 2013 Q3  through CY 2014 Q4 labels did not show up.

The second one shows that there are no corresponding values to match up with the label display.

Thanks in advance,

chartCapture.JPGbenefitslistCapture.JPG

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

Thanks for the clarification, . Now it makes sense and will investigate this change of behavior in our code.

Viewing 4 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.