qChartView Top 10

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

Hi Ian,

You can create a CAML filter condition that would remove the people that you don't want to display and in combination with sorting would work as "top xxx" condition.

Please let me know how that goes.

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

Hello ,

I am not sure if I am following you. How can I set it in a CAML filter to know which people are in the top 10 assuming that changes on a fairly regular basis? My chart is just a column chart with a series that is a count by employee name if that helps at all.

Thanks,

Ian

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

Hi Ian,

qChartView doesn't have a "select top xxx" feature so what I suggested was a workaround.

It looks like the workaround can't be applied in your case.

What about using a temporary list with the desired values (including TOP xxx) and use the chart to display the data from this list?

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

Hi ,

Is there a way to filter on the aggregate function of the count of names? For example say I abandon the idea of a top 10 and I just want to only show names with 10 or more instances is there a way I can do that, without adding a count field?

Since the qlist view is aggregating the data already it seems like there would be a way to reference this but I cannot figure out how to do it.

Thank you,

Ian

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

Hello,

I am using sharepoint 2007 and web parts version 5.6. I have a qChart that shows a count of items by peoples names. With over 300 people on the team the chart could quickly grow to where it is no longer useful. Is there a way to create a dynamic threshold to show a count for the top 10 people in a list?

Thank you for any advice that you can provide.

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

Hi Ian,

The CAML Filter and Complex Filter features work with Fields only so without having a field (in your case a count field) you can't use them.

Since your input is important to us I logged an ER and I'm going to inform the team about it.

This is the reference number US#213779 to follow up this ER in the future releases.

Viewing 5 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.