qChartView with multiple selection Choice field

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

Hi Jeff,

Would you mind to mention the QWP and SP version and also to attach the list and the qChartView configuration to this tread? It'd help me to better understand the issue.

Thanks,

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

SP – 2007

QWP – 5.3

LIst contents:

list - 1.png

Chart output as configured below:

list-2.png

What I would like to see based on the data

list - 3.png

Configuration:

list - 4.png

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

Hi Jeff,

I see, you want to count the multi selection values in the list based on single selection value.

I don't think that this is possible. The XAxis value is treat as a string and has no capacity of counting inside strings.

I'm thinking of a helper list here. A list that would hold the individual selection adn the counting. This can be accomplished with some coding.

PS

You desired chart screenshot comes from a different list not from the list you want to use, right?

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

, thanks.  I was hoping for a simple answer that it could be handled in the chart but I expected this to be the real solution.  You are correct, I dummied up the data to give a visual of the desired result.

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

I have a choice field where people can select one or more values.  When I add this to a chart, it looks at the value as a coma delimited list and does not count each value individually.

Example:

value 1 –> A,B,C

value 2 –> C

value 3 –> B,D

What the chart is plotting is:

A,B,C =1

C =1

B,D =1

What I would like plotted is:

A=1

B=2

C=2

D=1

Can this be done?

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

The chart has no idea that the xAxis is a multi selection field, it sees it as a string.

Another workaround that I was thinking of is changing the multi selector field with several lookup fields.  I don't know if this solution would fit your business requirements but it's worth to mention it.

Viewing 5 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.